Gaining credibility and respect as a new or seasoned leader can be challenging, and being able to influence others can be down right frustrating if you don’t know how. The good news is, there are ways to fix this. The bad news is, most leaders don’t want to put in the effort to do so, and end up stuck with a big vision and a team that doesn’t want to help them achieve it. That’s why I’m providing you with the 3 Proven Strategies to Gain Credibility, Respect and Influence as a Leader. If you want to know how to be a good leader, remember…it starts inside you.
Here’s what I want you to realize….ANYONE can be a credible, respected and influential leader nowadays, if you understand just 3 things….This is where my Step UP Stand Out and Lead programs come in.
3 Proven Strategies to Gain Credibility, Respect and Influence as a Leader:
1. Step Up and develop the skills you need to succeed as a leader in today’s workplace.
Part of being a great leader is realizing that Leadership is not a position, it’s a responsibility. Each leader is responsible for developing the skills necessary to help their team and their company reach their ultimate potential, and there are over 23 skills that you need to develop in order to be a successful leader nowadays? Such as, communication skills, conflict/resolution, team building and the one you learned if you subscribed to my blog in the ‘Leadership Productivity Formula’, time management. These skills are essential to have as a leader nowadays, and it takes time and effort to develop them, but when you do, your employees will start to see you as a more credible leader.
2. Stand Out & develop the character that’s worth following.
There are about 22 characteristics that have been identified in successful leaders. Such as, having integrity, being confident, trustworthy and having a positive attitude. What I’ve learned through studying other successful leaders is that, people don’t want to follow a perfect leader, but they DO want to follow a good leader. When you develop the qualities that great leaders possess, your team will start to respect you as a leader, and your influence level will rise.
3. Lead your future success by developing the habits of great leaders.
It’s been proven that leaders and their teams accomplish twice as much when they develop 11 specific habits. Such as, the habit of performing in your strength zone, or achieving a ‘TRIUMPH‘ on a daily basis and the habit of being more consistent. Developing these habits will create consistent results within yourself and your team, which gets you respect from upper management as well.
If you were to take time and focus just on those 3 areas alone, within months, you’ll start to see the difference it can make, and as I say in many of my blogs…. “The fastest way to success is to get a TAN: Take Action Now!!!”
1. Comment below on what skills, character and habits you know you need to change in order to get to the next level. Start focusing on the 3 Proven Strategies to Gain Credibility, Respect and Influence as a Leader.
2. If you haven’t gotten a copy of my audio book, The TRIUMPH Method, that’s a great resource for you to start with for developing highly motivated teams.
Go get it today!
3. If you haven’t subscribed to my blog and gotten your FREE copy of, “The Leadership Productivity Formula”-10 Ways to Beat Procrastination and Get Stuff Done, do it now!
4. Come join me over on my Facebook page and feel free to ask me questions that you struggle with as a leader, and I’ll answer them in upcoming blogs.
*Like this blog? Please share it with others!
Share the Quote Love!